Monday 16 November 2009

I am Veyron

Greetings all, I am the druid Veyron and this is my story...

I live in the city of Korvosa, on the cliffs over looking the sea, my friends and neighbours know not what I am, let me explain.
I am a half-elf, who are not the most popular race in the city but I can do nothing about the heritage of my birth so I take the comments and sly looks people give me with a pinch of salt. This fact I can not hide from people, but the one I can hide from them is the fact that I am a Druid.
You see Druids are even less popular in this city that half-elves, that is because they run this city. Officially the city is run by the King and Queen and all his polititions, but everyone knows that the druid crimelord Gaedren Lamm really runs things. He has his "Little Lambs" , Young Street Urchins who he gets to rob and steal while his Ligitamate buisnessess cover up for all his other crimes. He's been opperating in the city for decades but has never been caught, and now the officials refuse to investigate his crimes, they are obviously on his books, so he gets away with murder...literally. Gaedren Lamm and the members of his Druid family are the sort of people you don't want to get on the wrong side of.
How do I know all this ? , quite simple really, I got on the wrong side of him once.
Being a young druid I was enlisted into his family and trained, but I found out the truth of how he treats his little lambs, and I was not prepared to assist in the tourture and even murder of these innocent children, so I spoke out.  A few days later I was arrested by the city gaurds for a murder I didn't commit, apparently there was an eye witness who saw me, a fisherman I believe. Even though this fisherman changed his story a few weeks later the damage had been done, I was outcast from the Druids and all by friends diserted me and I lost everything. So now I hide away in my house waiting, training and studying for the day to come when I can get some revenge on Gaedren Lamm for what he has done to my name and reputation.
The only friend I have is a small dinosaur, yes I said Dinosaur called Zonda. She has been with me for several years after I found her egg abandond on the cliff edge one day. She is a Deinonychus I believe, quite small, with the appearance of a half lizard half bird. I am told she will get much bigger but she hasn't grown much yet so I'll wait and see, but I can handle her.
Would you like to meet her ?.....


You would ?, ok this is Zonda

She stays mainly out of site tucked up in the folds of my robes so as not to draw attention to herself, I am currently working on getting her to sit on my shoulder and bring out her bird like side, so people might think I am a wizard with a familliar. Lets hope she doesn't grow too big before I get this right.

You never know she might fool someone one day.
So thats me in a nut shell, now on with the adventure....

I have been asked to meet with some other souls who also have grievences against Gaedren Lamm, I assume someone wants us to take him on enmass. I will go out of curiosity, but I don't need their help, Enemies of my Enemies and all that, it can't do any harm to find out.

I will get my revenge......

2 comments:

  1. You beat me to it, I was (and still am) going to write up my characters story!

    This campaign is going to kick arse*

    *ass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I look forward to reading more.

    So, there will be 3 accounts of the campaign. That'll be good. It'll be nice to see the different takes on what goes on.

    ReplyDelete